The fourth annual colloquium is set to take place May 18th till May 20th 2022 in Thale (Sachsen-Anhalt). This year's program consists of several talks, a scientific speed "dating", a special session about the role of Mathematics in geopolitics and society, and a free-time program (social dinner on Wednesday, hiking on the Harz on Thursday).
The academic talks will consist of two 50-min lectures by PIs, two 50-min lectures by Postdocs, and three short talks by PhD Fellows.
Our accommodation during the colloquium will be the Mythenresort Heimdall near the central train station of Thale and with easy access to multiple hiking points on the Harz Mountains.
The Social Dinner on the arrival day (Wednesday 18.05) will begin at 19:00 and will be held in the Gasthaus "Zum Wasserriesen" of the Hotelpark Bodetal.
Corona: By the time of the event, multiple Corona rules have been eliminated. Regardless, we would still like to run the event ensuring our health and safety. Specifically, we are following the measures established by the OvGU. In particular, we shall keep using FFP2 masks (unless medically exempt) in closed spaces and also outside if social distancing is not achievable. Finally, since we would like to ensure that we all can safely and healthly meet in person and resume a normal life while helping not to spread the virus, we would like to ask for the cooperation of all participants to take an antigen Schnelltest up to 24 hours prior to traveling to the event and urge you to not travel to Thale if your test is positive.
- 15:00 - ... Arrival
- 19:00 — 22:00 Dinner (Restaurant: Gasthaus "Zum Wasserriesen", Hotelpark Bodetal)
- 08:45 — 08:55 Welcome and Opening Statement by Volker Kaibel
- 08:55 — 09:55 Long talk: Marc Ditzhaus
- 10:00 — 10:30 Short talk: Sarah Ludwig
- 10:30 — 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00 — 12:00 Long talk: Sara Grundel
- 12:00 — 13:30 Lunch break
- 13:30 — 15:00 Academic Speed "Dating" / PI meeting (parallel)
- 15:00 — 19:00 Hiking on the Harz
- 19:00 — ... Dinner at the hotel (Mythenresort)
- 08:45 — 09:45 Long talk: Josh Maglione
- 10:00 — 10:30 Short talk: Piotr Minakowski
- 10:30 — 12:00 Coffee and Special Session "Mathematics, Geopolitics and Society", moderated by Barbara Witter
- 12:00 — 13:45 Lunch break
- 13:45 — 14:15 Short talk: Uladzislau Kapustsin
- 14:30 — 15:30 Long talk: Athanasios Antoulas
- 15:30 — 16:00 Closing Statement by Sebastian Sager and Farewell Coffee